Top 5 Best Treadmills
The weather may be colder than ever but that shouldn’t stop you from exercising! One of the first things that might come to mind when you think of home exercise is a treadmill. It’s perfect for walking, jogging, and running indoors!
Using a treadmill allows you to control the environment that you walk in. With its predictable surface, you don’t have to worry about tripping over any curbs, stones, or anything that could be lying on the side of the road. Furthermore, you can control settings such as the speed, the warm up and cool down, the incline, and so forth.
A treadmill is a significant investment that requires a sufficient amount of space in your home, so before buying one, make sure you can afford it and that you have the space. Otherwise, it’s ideal for anyone to use. Between each use, it doesn’t have to be adjusted to size and can simply be hopped on.
If a treadmill sounds perfect for you, read on for some tips and advice on buying one.
Our Top 5 Best Treadmills Reviews
NORDICTRACK T Series Treadmill
- Includes a 30-Day iFIT Family Membership. Stream live and on-demand workouts on the immersive 10 inch HD screen.
- Has an incline of 10% and a top speed of 16km/h, but your movement will auto-adjust these settings for your ease of use.
- Smart folding function, which helps save space when not in use.
- Features flexible cushioning, so you can adjust it for your joints.
Possible deal breaker :
- Customer service is poor.
First, we have NordicTrack’s T-series treadmill. One of its most impressive features is its ability to auto-adjust settings, including the speed and incline. You can exercise comfortably, while also knowing that you are challenging yourself. To improve your workouts, you can try out the 30-day iFit family membership. This allows you to stream live and on-demand workouts to follow along.
The treadmill has flexible cushioning, meaning 3 knobs on each side that you can adjust. Whether you prefer it firm or soft, you can decrease the risk of injury. When you’re done with the treadmill, you can easily fold it up, therefore saving space.
RHYTHM FUN Under Desk Treadmill
- Has a 1.5hp electric motorized DC power motor.
- Running belt features 7 layers of shock absorption and non-slip materials. It’s also 18’’ wide, so you have plenty of walking space!
- Its large display screen allows you to monitor exercise data in real time.
- Small and compact, so you can slip it under any table and store it easily.
- Includes a smart remote and workout app.
Possible deal breaker :
- Doesn’t have an incline
Many of us spend many hours in the day sitting, so it’s hard to stay healthy. A solution would be Rhythm Fun’s under desk treadmill, which allows you to use it both standing or sitting. Don’t stay static for the whole day – simply get out the under desk treadmill and begin walking!
You can enjoy speeds up to 6km/h, a comfortable jogging pace. To enhance your exercise and treadmill experience, there is a display, which shows your speed, distance, calories, and time data. Therefore, you can keep track of your progress in real time.
Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
- The compact and lightweight design makes this treadmill so easy to fold, carry, and store.
- Track your progress with the easy-to-operate dual display screens.
- Powered by a 2.25HP motor. Reach speeds up to 12km/h.
- The anti-skid rubber surface with 7 layers of shock-absorbers can support upto 220lbs and prevent injury to your knees.
- Enjoy the bluetooth speaker, remote control, phone holder, and ability to control the treadmill via an app!
Possible deal breaker
- Belt is flimsy and prone to shifting with your weight.
The GoPlus 2-in-1 folding treadmill prides itself on being ultra-thin, compact and lightweight, making it ideal for anyone with less space in their homes. It’s so easy to fold, carry, and store it – under the sofa, propper up in the corner, wherever you want!
During your workout, you can track your progress in real time on the LCD display. To fully immerse yourself into your work out, you can listen to music through the bluetooth speaker. Alternatively, put your phone into the holder and watch something!
- The 3HP motor allows you to run upto a speed of 14km/h.
- The 17’’ belt supports upto 220lb and has 8 layers of shock absorption.
- You can view all your real-time progress using the 5-inch Large backlit monitor.
- Easily fold up your treadmill after workout and store it away.
- Comes with 64 pre-set training programs, which combines 8 modes with 8 different intensity levels.
Possible deal breaker :
- The cup holder is very shallow, so it may lead to a spilled drink.
Advendor’s treadmill has the motor with the most horsepower with an astonishing 3HP! Be sure that you can reach your full potential while using this treadmill, especially if you’re running at its top speed! Furthermore, you can also track other aspects, such as time, distance, speed, and calories.
The treadmill is powered by a 3HP motor and can go up to a speed of 14km/h. The motor cools itself down quickly, so you don’t have to worry about any fire hazards. You also don’t have to worry about the weight it can carry since it can support upto 220lb!
TR150 Folding Treadmill
- Includes 12 preset programs and 3 incline settings, so you can adjust the treadmill to your liking.
- Keep upto date with your data using the 5’’ LCD display screen.
- Includes a built in book rack and accessory holder, so you can multitask or simply keep your items close.
- Features a 16″ x 50″ walking belt to accommodate for all stride lengths.
- Easily fold and unfold your treadmill using the convenient knob.
Possible deal breaker:
- The heart monitor isn’t very accurate.
THe TR150 folding treadmill is everything you could want! It’s easy to assemble, store, and use. There are 12 preset programs that you can follow and alter using the 3 incline settings, should you choose to. While you exercise, you can monitor your data on the 5’’ LCD display screen. You can also read while exercising with the conveniently placed book rack.
When your workout is completed, you can easily fold the treadmill away using its knob.
How to Choose The Best Treadmills
With so many treadmills on the market, it might be difficult to find one that suits your needs. Fortunately for you, we’re here to help.
Type of treadmill
There are 4 types of treadmills : manual, folding, commercial, and motorised. A manual treadmill will only move when you do, meaning it’s powered by you. A motorised treadmill operates with a motor and will move when you command it to. Commercial treadmills are the ones you might find in a gym. Lastly, folding treadmills are ideal for saving space.
Belt size and cushioning
Ideally, you want a larger belt size, so that you have more freedom to move. As for cushioning, you want the belt to be well cushioned to absorb any shock. This way, you can prevent any exercise injury.
The last thing you want is to be in the middle of a workout only for your treadmill to collapse on you. Invest in one that can handle more weight than you weigh.
When trying to reach a goal, it’s encouraging to be able to measure your improvements. For this, you’ll want a treadmill that can count your steps and measure your heart rate.
Motor and Maximum Speed
For walking and light jogging, a motor of 2.0HP will be sufficient. An average jogger would benefit more from a motor with 2.5 HP, while an intense runner would benefit from a motor with 3.0HP.
A treadmill is perfect if you need more movement in your day, but don’t want to leave the house. Perhaps you’re building a home gym. If that’s the case, you might also want to take a look at our best folding rowing boats page.