The Powerblock Elite 90 is one of the heaviest adjustable dumbbells in Powerblock’s classic series sets. The unique design of the powerblock’s means expansion kits can be purchased to increase the overall weight, this way you’re not limiting your potential.
- Each dumbbell has a weight range from 5-90 lbs.
- Increments per hand in lbs: 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10,15, 17.5, 20, 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 37.5, 40, 45, 47.5, 50, 55, 57.5, 60, 65, 67.5, 70, 75, 77.5, 80, 87.5, 90.
- Replaces 28 pairs of dumbbells but only takes up the space of one.
- If you feel the Powerblock Elite 90 may be too heavy to start with then there is the option to purchasing the Powerblock Elite 50 or Powerblock Elite 70 and expand at a later stage.
- The overall size of the dumbbell decreases if a lower weight is selected, making it more compact and efficient.
- Simply change weight by inserting the selector pin into the appropriate slot.
- Ensure your Powerblock’s are always at the correct height for lifting with the Powerblock Stand, also makes it look neater and tidier.
- 10 year home use warranty.
- Dimensions: 16″ L x 6″ W x 6″ H.
- These dumbbells are capable of small increment increases and covers such a wide weight range which allows you to get more potential with your exercises.
- The heavier the dumbbell, the bigger the size but these dumbbells are compact and is still smaller than the Bowflex SelectTech 1090’s, and they both go up to 90 lbs.
- Not limited to the maximum weight these dumbbells go up to, as you can purchase an expansion kit to increase the weight to 130 lbs per hand.
- Handles has a padded and comfortable grip, this will prevent the handles from digging into your hand and causing you discomfort especially when lifting a heavier weight.
- There is a color coded chart on each dumbbell which will tell you how heavy each weight is using a easy to read color code system.
- Quite inconvenient if you want to increase the weight by increments of 2.5 or 5 lbs as you’ll have to either add or remove the 2 x 2.5 lb weight from the handles. Increasing the weight by 10 lb increments is not a problem as this is done my simply moving the selector pin.
- The design means that there are 4 pillars around your wrist which if you was to accidently drop the dumbbell when lifting, one of the pillars can potentially hit against your wrist in the process.
The Powerblock Elite 90 is one of the most versatile adjustable dumbbells, starting all the way from 5 lbs to 90 lbs and being able to increase the weight in small increments allows you to focus on those exercises where a small increase in weight is necessary such as bicep curls.
For exercises where you will be using a lighter weight setting it would be really inconvenient to have a dumbbell which is 16 inches long which is why Powerblock has designed this dumbbell so the length will be shorter if the weight is lighter.
Although the price of the Powerblock Elite 90 is quite expensive but these dumbbells are strong and sturdy and comes with a 10 year home use warranty. If you’re after dumbbells which have a heavier maximum weight setting then the Ironmaster Adjustable Dumbbells go quite heavy and it can also be expanded.