The Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Olympic Bench is a product of the well known Gold’s Gym who also operates a chain of gyms worldwide. Established in 1965 not only is Gold’s one of the most recognized names in the fitness industry, they also specialize in fitness equipment such as: Treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, weight benches, dumbbells, weights and accessories.
- The weight bench can be used together with the squat rack for barbell exercises or the weight bench can be used individually allowing the squat rack to be available.
- 6-roll leg developer builds and develops leg muscles.
- Removable preacher pad to help keep your arms stable and in the correct position.
- Detachable Curl Yoke to help build upper body muscles.
- Adjustable safety spotter, this can be used while squating and bench pressing.
- Adjustable weight bench including decline, also strong and sturdy.
- Squat rack stand is adjustable in height.
- Weight plate storage on the back of the squat stand.
- Total 600 lb weight capacity, 300 lb for the user and 300 lb for the bar plus weights.
- Dimensions: 73″ L x 49.5″ W x 65″ H. Weight 114 lbs.
- Can use the weight bench alone for dumbbell exercises or combine it with the squat stand for barbell exercises.
- You can adjust the height of the squat stand, which will be very handy when doing squats or barbell exercises.
- Storage facility for weight plates (located on the back of the squat stand).
- Very versatile as the weight bench and squat rack are 2 separate pieces of equipment.
- Adjustable safety spotters needs to be used if you do not have a spotter.
- If you place a barbell on top of the squat stand on the highest height setting, it can even be used as a pull up bar.
- Squat stand can be a bit unstable but you can just put weight plates where the weight plate storage rack is to stabilise the squat stand.
- The decline positioning on the bench doesn’t really go into enough of a decline position.
- Squat rack supports up to 300 lbs, which will be enough for most people but for those who can lift a lot more might need a bench like the IRONMAN Triathlon X-Class which can support a lot heavier.
Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Review:
You are definitely getting your money’s worth with the Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Olympic Bench, not only can you bench press with a Olympic Barbell using the squat stand but you can use the weight bench separately for dumbbell exercises. An average quality squat stand alone will cost you at least $70.
You can also get away with doing this with a olympic weight bench that has the squat stand permanently attached to it but if you’re taller and you want to do flat bench dumbbell presses then there is a possibility the dumbbells may hit the side of the squat stand but with this bench you don’t have this potential problem!
The height of the squat stand being adjustable is going to appeal to so many more people as we all come in different shapes and sizes! Weight plates can be stored away neatly on the back of the squat stand, rather than leaving them lying around causing a potential hazard. Gold’s Gym XRS 20 Olympic Bench has the tools to work most muscle groups and to give you a good workout!